FIVE POINTS OF YOGA
- Proper Exercise (Asanas) – Yoga poses help develop a strong, healthy body by enhancing flexibility and improving circulation.
- Proper Breathing (Pranayama) – Deep, conscious breathing reduces stress and many diseases.
- Proper Relaxation – Helps keep the body from going into overload mode, easing worry and fatigue.
- Proper Diet – Eating simple, healthy and vegetarian foods that are easy to digest notably have a positive effect on the mind and body, as well as the environment and other living beings.
- Positive Thinking (Vedanta) and Meditation (Dhyana) – These are the true keys to achieving peace of mind and eliminating negativity in our lives.
From the Sivananda.org site.